Does Your Child Need Early Orthodontic Intervention?
Comprehensive orthodontic treatment with braces or clear aligners is commonly undertaken when all adult teeth have erupted into the mouth. This is on average between 11-13 years old. However, there are certain situations when early orthodontic treatment is required before this age.
Conditions Where Early Orthodontic Intervention May Be Required
- Anterior-crossbites and functional shifts (underbite).
- Posterior crossbites (narrow upper jaw).
- Attrition or wear on permanent teeth.
- Trauma risk to the upper front teeth (excessively buck teeth).
- Psychological need.
- Need for orthopaedic/growth modification treatment.
Timing and suitability for early treatment can be discussed with Dr. David at the initial consultation, so book your appointment today!